25 November 2010

Feeling the chill


As promised the weather has gotten very cold in the past few days.
I've been starting the day with a steaming bowl (umm cup!) of porridge :o)


Jack Frost is back with a vengeance !


but the mornings are just beautiful, the sun has been beaming


Inside it's chilly too so I've replaced the curtains in the kitchen with thicker ones and if that wasn't enough I've lined them with old blankets I got in the charity shop.  I can't tell you what a HUGE difference it's made, it's amazing !  A lot cheaper than forking out for heavy lined curtains - the two blankets cost me a fiver!


I have to admit I didn't sew them in properly - I was rushing. 
I simply cut it slightly smaller than the curtains themselves in width (so you wouldn't see them hanging, which seems totally ridiculous as I'm now telling the whole world they're there!!) and .... wait for this .... my Nan would be so ashamed of me!  I've attached the blankets with safety pins.  Sorry Nanny xx  But hey, you can't see - as you can see from the pic below (sort of) the place where the blanket is pinned is hidden by the wall.


So what top tips have you got for keeping warm??

2 comments:

  1. the blankets are a great idea, have to keep cosy with this chilly weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be trying this blanket trick, my house is freezing because we have typical studenty single-glazed windows!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin