31 May 2010

Sewing Sessions

Since Sunday I have been on a bit of a marathon sewing session.

It started with a simple curtain to hide the washing machine in my new kitchen (I've got a whole bunch of photos of it finally finished, will post them soon, promise!).



Then I finally made proper curtains for the kitchen.  




The polka dot fabric is from Laura Ashley.
I was disappointed when I bought it as it was so light so it got thrown in the cupboard but in the end it's worked out perfect as I wanted something light for the summer. 


The top part (the white bit) is a bit of an old duvet, yes seriously!

The 'bobbles' were ripped off a scarf I bought for one euro in Penneys. 
How thrifty is that?  Love it :o)

 

Today I made a dress and revamped a cardi.  Will post pics later in the week.What did you get up to over the weekend???

5 comments:

  1. Your curtains are wonderful.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous curtains. You are so creative, thanks for sharing with us.
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely!! I love your curtains. I am thinking about a curtain to hide the washing machine too, but it sticks out a bit so I don't know if it would work.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your curtains they look fantastic, can't wait to see your dress. I didn't get any sewing done this weekend, i did fall in love with a sewing machine though...hope you have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the little pompoms and polka-dots on your curtains!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin