31 May 2010

Micro Blogging

I'm just wondering if any of you lovely blogettes out there have a facebook or twitter page or any other micro blogging sites?

My facebook page is here and my twitter account is here



I personally think facebook is great as I find 'micro blogging' much quicker and more time efficient.  However it does seem to be increasing in popularity with bloggers and I wonder if it's going to take over from actual blogs.

I hope not as I would hate to see all your lovely blogs disappear.  I love reading all your posts and seeing all your makes and beautiful pictures and whilst you can do most of that on facebook or twitter it's all so much more compact.  Kind of like texting as opposed to a phone call - a lot less personal.

What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. I am definitely a blogger, I would never contain my posts in a mini blog!! I love to read proper stories and see the beautiful pictures people take, but would perhaps not bother if I had to flit between one system and another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :0) I have just liked you and followed you I am sew_pretty on twitter and www.facebook.com/polkadotsandposieson FB :0)I hope blogs do not become out of fashion but I do have to say I am spending more time in T and FB, like you say is quick and zappy, and sometimes a blog post can take me what fels like forever ;0) XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, I"m keeping these two worlds separate. Too many family on F.B. and don't want them clogging up my blog with sound bites. Plus, I have way too many pictures on my posts for F.B. to handles.

    Just my thoughts,
    Kateq

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, no, no, no, no! No way will blogging become out of fashion - blogging on microsites is more like an update. Our blogs are where the real deal happens!! I don't do twitter haven't really got the inclination or the time for the constant updates and I don't go on FB half as much as I used to, though maybe I'll create a sewjustinesew page on there! Justine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you all ladies - I love blogs and would be sad to see them disappear. However, on the plus side, FB & Twitter are another way to get more fans - important if you are selling products.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have facebook and a blog but think blogs are far more personal as you go more in depth as to what you have been doing.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin