17 September 2010

In Progress

In case you haven't noticed I love quotes.  One of my many favourites is  ...

"Begin with the end in mind"

Like I've often said here, I have a real problem with going to car boots and charity shops as I see potential in everything!!  There's always something that can be 'done' to rejuvenate an old piece of furniture or clothing.  But before I buy something I always 'begin with the end in mind'.  I will know exactly what I'm going to do with it before I part with my money.

When I bought the chair below, originally shown here, I knew exactly what I was going to do with it and it's almost there.   Here's a few pics of my work in progress ...

I started by giving it a good wash and scrubbing it down with some disinfectant (you never know where these things have been stored!).  Then I removed the old fabric and seat pad with a stanley knife.


Then I ripped up a brown bag and used it to make a pattern for the seat.


I'm using the pattern to make a patchwork cushion for the seat pad


and finally I'm painting the chair.  White ... of course!



Finished pics to follow, hopefully over the weekend.

In the meantime ...

"Do not let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do"
John Wooden

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin