20 September 2010

Knitting in the movies

I keep meaning to tell you all about these movies but forgetting.

Until today that is. 

I was chatting to someone who thought it absolutely hilarious that I knit and sew and then proceeded to compare me to the knitting nanas on the Shreddies ads and basically throw every joke about knitting there is at me.  People like this infuriate me until I remind myself that it's them that have to pay 20 quid to get their trousers turned up at the dry cleaners because they are too cool to be caught sewing. Ha - karma!

Ok I digress.

The movies.

The reason I'm telling you about Leap Year and Did you hear about the Morgans isn't just that the movies themselves were good but that the two leading ladies Amy Adams and Sarah Jessica Parker are knitting in them.  Ok, that's not completely true, they're knitting in the extra scenes.  Hmmm maybe the director, or whoever it is who decides what stays and what goes isn't in on the whole make do and mend phenomena that we are in??



Sorry for the poor pics.  You can just (just!) see the knitting in their hands.



So there, I wasn't fibbing when I said 'all the stars' are knitting ;O)

Have you seen any other movies with knitting in them lately?

2 comments:

  1. I am apart of a group on Ravelry called Crochet and Knitting spotting - we are like train spotters without the rain coats ;)
    here are some films I know have knitting in them
    ladies in lavender
    Calendar Girls
    Chicken run ;)
    The witches (grandma knits)
    there are so so many celebrities knitting now but I cant find any that crochet :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved leap year and it got rated as the worst movie of the year, I saw a t.v. show with knitting.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin