15 September 2010

Because I'm worth it



Whilst wandering aimlessly around Tescos trying to decide what to have for tea I finally, after filling my basket with magazines and flour and basically everything I didn't go into Tescos for in the first place, decided on fish pie.


Off I pop to the fish section only to be reminded of the last time I made fish pie subseuquently thinking it's not worth all that effort and heading off towards the next aisle. The 'ready meals' aisle. I hate this aisle, it makes me miserable and funny enough I only ever go to it when I am miserable and  can't be bothered cooking. Of course it jolted me into action and off I returned to the fish section.  

So ....

three saucepans
  • one colander
  • two whisks
  • one spatula
  • one bowl
  • one cheese grater
  • one knife
  • two spoons
  • one masher
  • one jug
  • one weighing scales
 and two hours later

Dinner for one
vino for one
followed by curling up on the sofa with a movie of my choice.



Because I'm worth it :o)

9 comments:

  1. Yum Yum
    So love fish pie...
    Well Done You!
    LOVE PEACE enJOY
    Julie
    x

    BTW I have another giveaway on my blog for CK £10 gift voucher and a CK LONDON mug...leave a comment and you'll be entered

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are! Fish pie is a mammoth task for a family of four too but much nicer than ready made meals versions. I really envied you when I saw your table set for one!
    Deb x
    p,s your ginger drawing is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,

    I love your posts, i find everyday myself looking into your blog to see your latest updates!. Good Luck in colleage.

    Susana XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I know what you mean. The ready meal section is so depressing.

    Once I saw an old woman in Tesco and she was buying a ready meal christmas dinner for one. I nearly cried.

    Worse than that is when you see people who are buying 7 ready meals for one. And you know they live alone and are lonely. Breaks my heart everytime.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. your post made me laugh, my husband is always amazed by the number of utensils I use for even the most basic task! how lovely to treat yourself like a princess - I must follow your example more often. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! You are right! You are so worth it...
    I love fish pie, too!
    Although never tried to make myself.
    I have to change that, after seing yours.
    Thanks for sharing!


    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy Michelle, luv hot dinner on autumn evening with fire lighting, pie looks yummy. vickxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never had fish pie it looks so good but your table setting looks divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats looks scrummy ;0)
    your tables looks so pretty x
    lovely blog x

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin