14 September 2010

Back to the drawing board

A few pics of what we've been up to in college today.
Our subject was to be organic, I chose ginger.


Our technique for the day was contour line drawing.


We started by drawing it without taking the pencil from the page (below).  More difficult than you would think!




Then we drew it without looking at the page (not shown), with our left hand (not shown) and then we added shape with contour lines (below)


Finally we added colour with chalk pastels


I think mine looks like some sort of monster worm!  Sorry for the poor picture quality, they were taken on my phone.

If you fancy giving it a go there are some good examples of contour line drawings here.

2 comments:

  1. wow you did a wonderful job! I did art myself and also I am married to Galway Artist Morgan O'Brien - your very talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great and I think its the first time ginger looked good except in a cookie!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin