19 September 2011

The things you find in sheds


It's amazing what you can find in the turf shed!

I was up at my mum and dad's the other day and went to get some turf*.  

I turned around and saw this cupboard in the corner of the shed.

Needless to say the turf was left and this was brought!

I knew straight away what I was going to do with it.

After a good clean and a bit of polish it fits perfectly in my sitting room  and is the perfect spot for some of my wool and knitting notions.




And my lovely knitting Nanny (bought at the car boot for a euro!)
fits in perfectly with all my knitty bits and bobs


*For those of you not from the emerald isle and wondering what on earth turf is ... this is what it looks like and here is a lowdown of what it is.


Unfortunately there is going to be less and less turf in the future as many of our bogs are now "special areas of conservation" and not allowed to be cut in.  It's a shame as it's one of our natural resources and the livelihood of a lot of people, my Dad being one.  You can find out more about that here.

One last thing.  Just a quick thankyou to the Pocket Change Shopping blog for featuring me in their Best of the Web feature here.

3 comments:

  1. That is on gorgeous cabinet! What a find!! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how lovely x what a wonderful thrifty find ;0)...thanks for sharing about the 'turf'...i saw a feature about that tradition on countryfile bbc a while back ;0)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle, thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a comment! I love your cabinet and wish I had somewhere like that to store my rapidly growing stash :)
    Celeste x

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin