28 September 2011

A lick of paint does wonders!


Remember these? I got them from my Dad's cousin Matt (thanks Matt!!!)

They were in his shed with all his carpentry bits and pieces.  I had asked Matt to keep an eye out for something similar for me to make a kitchen island and a few days later he arrived at my house with them.  I'm ashamed to say they have sat in my shed since then. 


I removed the top part, sanded them down, joined them together and covered the top with some oil cloth.  The plan is to eventually get a nice wooden piece on top or a piece of glass , not quite decided just yet.

It's great to have all the extra cupboard space and they are also the perfect height for baking compared to the table I previously had.



What do you think?
However, I finally got round to painting them a few weeks ago.  

11 comments:

  1. It's absolutely gorgeous!!
    I love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a good idea. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely, as does your kitchen ... that's a gorgeous shade of blue :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle i love the kitchen draws, i have a dressing table in our shed that i am suppose to be painting for my daughter, you have given me inspirationto start! Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they look fab.... Lovely colour, in fact I may have a kitchen crush developing.....

    I saw a centre island on an American blog made from a sideboard, where they put an overhanging worktop to create a ledge to perch up too....

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing, well done, also love your kitchen!! :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunningly lovely kitchen and the makeover looks soooo beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way this turned out! Great idea and it brings back memories of the red and white kitchen I had back in the '70's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The kitchen looks great , a lovely colour scheme. Is that a moss rose tea set I spy? I love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks lovely michele, like it was ment to be dere:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Michelle,

    I love your blog!
    Your kitchen is fab, I am currently planning my kitchen and love your paint choices- do you mind letting me know what colour you used for your kitchen cabinets?

    Thanks!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin