17 June 2011

Everything's rosey


This is my all time favourite flower in my garden. 
Actually it's not really in my garden. 
It grows along the boreen (aka driveway) down to my cottage.  
I have no idea what it's called but it's been here for as long as I can remember.  It's got the most beautiful scent and is always blooming with flowers.  I've tried countless times to get something similar in the garden centre but nothing matches up to it. 

Then ... last week, for my birthday
(by the way thank you so much for all the birthday wishes)
 I got this  ...


The roses are just as pink and gorgeous
and the scent as heavenly. 

Yes I know, I'm VERY lucky :O)

Inspired by the pink roses I've been knitting some to make into corsages


and making some new cushions
currently available to buy in Future Flowers in Roscommon. 





If you fancy knitting some roses too
here's a quick pattern I've come up with ...

 I used scrap pieces of DK (double knit) wool and 4mm needles but use whatever you have got.  The chunkier the wool the bigger the rose.

Cast on 100 stitches
Row 1 - Knit
Row 2 - Purl
Row 3 - Knit
Row 4 - Purl
Row 5 - Knit
Row 6 - Purl
Row 7 - Knit two together (leaves you with 50 stitches)
Then just cast off.

To shape the rose roll it together quite loosely and try not to be too perfect with it.  Then just stitch together at the back.  I'm working on a leaf pattern so I'll come back with that soon.  Of course there are umpteen patterns available online if you do a quick search for "knitted leaves". 

Enjoy! 

Let me know how you get on and have a lovely weekend x

2 comments:

  1. Gimme a yell if you get stuck with the leaf pattern - I'll try and remember the one I made a while back.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh your cushions are so very pretty, and i love the little knitted flowers. Have a lovely weekend, dee x

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin