10 May 2011

Knitting World Record


We did it !!!

After months and months of organising, hours and hours of knitting, days and weeks campaigning and copious amounts of radio interviews, emails to newspapers, tv shows and knitting-related businesses it all came together.

On 30th April 2011

at 1.00pm

Roscommon broke the record for

the largest group of knitters
knitting simultaneously in one place

with 1,147 knitters!!!


Thanks a million to the Roscommon Lamb Festival Committee for hosting the event, all the volunteers on the day who were simply amazing, the lovely lovely ladies in my knitting group The Cast Offs for all their help with the knitted car (below), the bus loads of people who travelled from 20 counties across Ireland,  the people who travelled from New Zealand, Malaga, Germany and the States, all my friends who helped out when I was close to break down the week before and most of all my gorgeous lovely boyfriend who kept me smiling throughout it all.

I hear that the States are already planning to beat us.

For now I wish them good luck.

The thought of arranging it all again is quite daunting but who knows ....

I may be back! 

1 comment:

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin