14 January 2011

My craft room is complete


At last!

After living here for how many years, I think it might be 3!!  I've finally got a proper craft room.  No more cluttering up the kitchen table and being up all night tidying when guests are coming (hmm we'll have to see about that).  Mind you I had to give up my lovely bedroom for it, but it's oh so worth it.

So come on through and let me give you the guided tour ...

As you walk in on the right there's just some of my trimmings hanging on the curtain rail, as opposed to hidden in boxes.  At least this way I can see what I have and more importantly stop me from buying duplicates. (Of course I mean that ... ;o)


There's also some of my felt collection in this lantern (I say some as there are still a couple of boxes of fabric remnants to go through).  A selection of my most used knitting needles are on display in an old teapot.  Underneath that is a glass fronted cupboard with a selection of my fabrics where again, I can 'see' them.


Moving to your left is another lantern.  This one is full of any scraps of fabric that I use for making collage pictures, corsages, small hand sewn projects.  It's sitting on my granny's original sewing machine table with a pile of magazines underneath.


Beside the table is a pull out bed (the big red foot stool).  This is where I sit and catch up on magazines and/or do some hand sewing.



Moving to your left there's a large wardrobe (which you can't see in this pic) which is FULL of more material (but too messy at the mo to show you).  The chest of drawers are full also of sewing notions and even more material. On top of them sits my sewing machines and above them my notice board ... due a serious tidy up it appears. 


Moving to your left is my fav corner of the room with my squishy armchair by the book case.  I've been sitting here catching up on all my crafty books which I've missed as they've been in storage for the past few months.


And finally the table where it all happens.  Currently there's a lot of college assignment work being done here but it's perfect for my sewing and crafts as it's in the centre of the room near all my supplies.


So there you got.  Hope you enjoyed your little tour.  Has anyone else been getting their craft room sorted for the new year?  If so I'd love to see, leave a comment with a link to your blog :O)

I've still got a few things to add but have been busy sorting in my kitchen after getting some more shelves and cupboards put up at the weekend. Yes of course I'll be sharing pics with you soon.

Have a lovely weekend everyone x

14 comments:

  1. Oh looks really cosy and looks like a lovely country cottage too. You have been busy :) Enjoy the weekend

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely work room, Michelle and lots and lots of fabric - enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Michelle! soo jealous, i wish i could have a spare room for my crafts instead of having to be fighting for space around the house all the time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had to give up your bedroom? Or spare bedroom?

    Oh Michelle it looks fab, but where are you sleeping?

    I wish I could get motivated enough to clean out and sort my sewing room, It's an absolute disaster zone
    Lesley
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic Michelle. Well done. Babs said she'll be down the weekend of the 29th to see it in person! I might be down sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your craft room its gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I'd like now is to eat one of those chocolate croissants,or maybe two, curled up in that lovely armchair of yours.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. oohh I want your craft room, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous room hun! Love that pretty, rosy paper & your comfy corner : )
    I do have a craft room, but mine is so small, it's bursting at the seams!!!
    When I finally move some time next year, we will look for a house with a larger spare room : )

    Sg=haron xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo hoo! Looks fab. I love your ideas behind putting the stuff out so you wont duplicate!!! I'm not convinced. I have a shed full of flower stuff. Buy a pot ah sure buy another one in case I give that one away! It is addictive all this pretty stuff dont you think! Love the tour. Sinead

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the comfy corner with the bookcase!! : )
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful craft room and very inspiring. I am so jealous as I take up the kitchen table etc, hopefully I will be getting one soon too though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful - so cosy and snug and I love the wallpaper and huge big armchair.

    Have a lovely day,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow love your craft room, it looks soo cosy and inspiring.
    Loving your recipe above too, Yummmmmmmmy.
    Luv Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin