6 November 2010

Jazz up your jackets



Thanks for all the messages and emails before and after my appearance on Four Live on Thursday.  I really appreciate them xx

For those of you outside of Ireland I'm really sorry you can't watch it online so I've done a few snapshots for you .  But for those of you who are you can watch it here.

You'll notice too that I've had another hair change ... I've gone red for autumn :o)


The piece I did was how to jazz up your jackets using trimmings, lace, new buttons and ribbons.


On the green jacket above I added an embroidered trim to the cuffs and to the belt.  I did this with invisible thread (but you can use coloured, depending on the trim you use).  I just find invisible thread quicker - saves time looking for the 'right colour' :O)

The black jacket before was just a standard blazer, I simply added gold buttons to the front, shoulder and cuff to give it a military look .


The coat below I updated with some umbrellas using applique.  This is a great way to make your coat more individual, just chose the motif of your choice.


Finally as camel is 'in' this season I added a camel belt and camel corsage (tutorial being written on this at the moment) to a plain jacket to give an instant update which can simply be removed once a new trend starts.


Tune in next week (Thursday 11th) to see me making and updating some home accessories live on the show. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh I have tried to eatch you from the UK but can't :(
    You did a great job with the jackets, do you enjoy it you look really comfortable with it all, I would be terrified. p.s. love yout top too :)
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame we can't see the real thing, I bet it was very interesting! Good Luck for your future appearances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you can't see the real thing guys :O( I'll just have to get my own show I think :O)
    Kandi - I love it. It's really bizarre. I thought live tv would make me really nervous but it's the opposite. I think it's because it's over in 6 minutes, I just dont' have time to think about it. Thanks for you r lovely comments xx

    p.s the dress is from Wallis

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin