8 November 2010

Flower Corsage Tutorial

As promised, here's a little tutorial on how to make the corsage I showed when I was on Four Live last week.
  
Start by cutting out 7 'u shaped' pieces of fabric (I used scraps from an old blanket, use anything you want, felt or wool are particularly good for this type of corsage)


Take one of the petals and using your fingers squeeze the bottom part together and stitch together with a couple of stitches




Without cutting the thread, take another petal and stitch the bottom part in the same way as above



 Continue until all pieces are stitched together (see below).
Pull the thread tightly and if it still feels loose add a few more stitches to secure.




Turn the brooch over and sew on a button.  (Note - you can use either side of the corsage, I like both)


Cut another piece of fabric into a small circular shape (use the top off a bottle as a template or a coin).

Stitch this to the back of the corsage and glue a brooch fitting onto this.


Voila - a lovely corsage to pin on your cardi, your coat, your hat, your jacket, a cushion .......... ok you get the picture :o)  


Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. I want to make a red one right now!
    You talented famous little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making fabric flowers, this one looks quite easy, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know how you get on, would love to see your creations :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! Want to make one!!!

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle..you were brill last week on Four live. Loved all the coats. The lace ribbon on the black coat was amazing. Well done you..Sinead ps I am loving Kirstie's new show

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blog Michelle, and I actually think I can make one of these with help from your tutorial, so tomorrow as I've a day of work I will be experimenting with what ever I can find. Thank-you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Michelle
    I made ten of these! see here
    http://neencrochet.blogspot.com/2010/11/candy-families-cancer-crafts-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome...and also this is very strange. I followed a link here from one Neencrochet, and my blog is called SkuldMakesStuff, Skuld being my nickname, but my real name is Michelle....so seeing the blog 'Michelle Made This' linked in her blog weirded me out for a moment! Anyway, glad to have found it. :)
    Have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin