10 August 2010

A place for everything


I am finally nearing the end of the mammoth clean up!!  It's been torture but I have to say totally worth it.  Whoever came up with the phrase "a tidy home is a tidy mind" was completely right! I've been doing so many little jobs that I've put off for so long and everything has a place now.

I'll share some pics over the next couple of weeks.  Not sure how much I'll get to post this week as my friends arrive tomorrow and I'm giving them the cottage for the week whilst I stay at my Mum and Dads.  I totally recommend this to everyone as it really encourages you to clean up ... properly :o)

When I got home from the shops today I had a surprise parcel from a friend with the sign above in it.  How perfect.  It's so true, my home looks lovely and I now look a mess.  Oh well, it's totally worth it.

So here's a few pics of what I'm worryingly thinking is the sign of some sort of ocd type disorder ... hmm we'll see how long it lasts.

I never seem to have enough eggs for this but discovered today that it's perfect to hold all my egg cups in the bottom and egg warmer on top :o)


Can you tell I've got secret desires to own a B&B?  This is my little breakfast area ...


With tea and coffee over to the right ...


Then the serious cooking area on the other side of the kitchen with all my lovely jars that have taken me months to accumulate. 


I love my jars to much they get a close up ...


And these beauties I just bought today for only 4 euro each from Heatons!!!


I nearly died when I saw the price tag. I have been looking for these for years after seeing similar in Ina Garten's kitchen on her show Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. I was in a shop in Galway last weekend and saw something similar and they wanted 60 bucks - holy moses, I bought three today for just 12. In the words of ... I love it when a plan comes together :o)

Finally I leave you with my new food cupboard - drastically reduced in size due to half the original contents being out of date ... the joys of being single :o(    This was originally in my bathroom but I've got something new in there.  I almost changed my mind when I filled it up as it all looked rather messy. 



But then I remembered this gorgeous Tilda wrapping paper I got at the Knit & Stitch Show in October and it really finishes it off, along with one of my handmade clay tags with 'home sweet home' stamped on it.


After all that I felt I deserved a little indulgence ...


Hope you're all having a good week. 

9 comments:

  1. Michelle, your house looks fab. You've inspired me to get mine organised. I've been threatening to do it for a long time now but with no.4 on the way it's definitely a necessity as I'm running out of space. I chuckled when I saw the amount of cookbooks you have as I just sorted mine yesterday & I have a similar number, all well used of course! Love the blog. Ruthx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that egg arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking beautiful! I just returned from a B&B stay... check out my two latest posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, your house looks really pretty...love the egg holder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh its the country cottage B&B in rural Roscommon :) What a lovely home :) Love your dresser

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh thank you so much ladies for all the lovely comments :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wish my house looked like this ...it's gert lush x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good :-) Love all those jars, especially the 4 Euro ones! They are gorgeous and so well priced.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh nice!I love the very first pic too with the little wall hanging, really cute

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin