18 August 2010

I did it!!!

Remember this room ... I think I've shared various pictures of it (the most recent below) over the last year and posted about my vain attempts and getting it tidy and sorting all my craft stuff once and for all ...


Well I finally did it.  I took almost two weeks, seriously!  It was that painful!  Rather than just tidy it I decided to go through every single piece of material, paper, card, every ball of wool, every spool of thread etc etc and have a complete clearout.  I can't possibly imagine some of the lovely things I gave to charity but sometimes one just has to do these things, it was either that or go mad as it was really getting on top of me, physically and mentally :o)

So drum roll please .... yes this is the same room!



Where to buy:  The gingham owl is from a gorgeous local shop Town & Country , the curtains were from IKEA, the green throw was a steal at 3 euro from PenneysThe cabinet was free ... it was left in a field in a car boot sale and came home with me.  All the other toys and enid blyton books were bought in various local charity shops.  The bunting I made myself.  The painting was from Texas (can't find a link for their store).

The reason for the child-like decor is that my friends were here last week with their children and this is where they were sleeping.


Finally the door also opens fully



as opposed to before ...



I was planning on making it into my sewing/craft room but it's so lovely and tidy I can't bear to bring anything back into it.

And I know you're all wondering where all that stuff went aren't you?  Well all the wrapping paper went in the large trunk at the bottom in the pic above.  All my card making supplies, well half of them went in the second suit case and the wooden case at the top is full of all my cards that are made up and for sale.   The wardrobe is full of material and all the wool is in container boxes in the shed .. for now.  The rest of it was either thrown or organised into boxes here in my little craft corner in the kitchen ...



Where to buy - The boxes above were a steal in a  Meadows & Byrne sale, the jars are just jam jars I've been collecting and I paint the lids white.


Where to buy - The super cute labels were a free sample I got at the Country Living Spring Show and you can buy them here.  The tins below I bought in a cheapy shop locally.


It's so great to have everything so organised and to know where everything is :o

14 comments:

  1. Oh I love all of it,wow.The room is adorable and those tins are to cute.Thanks for sharing.

    Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,

    Your room looks so pretty, would love to stay in a room like that. It's surprising the nice items you can get locally, I always like the homewares in heatons. U need to rest after that big clear out. Good on you!

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, how inspiring!!! I am seriously needing to purge a ton of craft stuff as well, and your post gave me some peace about doing that. it turned out wonderful, both the guest room and your cute craft area in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we adore your blog your style is just gorgeous everytime you put a picture on we are so excited to see looovvveee your new room your bunting rocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, the room is bright and spacious now, you've done some mighty cleaning,luv all your crafty area. Imagine how much space you have for lotsa new things now!!hehe Vick x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza, that is amazing! I really msut do this to my own craft room, there are a ton of things I've stashed that don't get used and you're right, all it does is stress you out.

    Always enjoy reading your posts. :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. the room looks great. i get to "half way" and then give up. maybe i should keep looking at your pictures and get inspired. i will say it again....good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The room is absolutely lovely, the bunting just brings everything together without overdoing it, I love your colour scheme and ideas, You have worked hard and best of all, not rushed which is probably why you have achieved such a great result. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow wow wow, you have been busy. I don't think it looks child like, it looks gorgeous. Love the view when you open the door and I want your craft space in the kitchen, lovely. Thanks so much for the tip about the dress, will deffo do that. Funnily enough I saw a shorter version that they had lined, why didn't they line the longer one :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have been a busy bee! Pretty much every room in my house looks like your before shot at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait for the bears to get back to school so I cab blitz the whole house, but fear it may well take me up to christmas! You pictures and pretties are to die for! Thankyou for sharing them with us! Have a great day! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an amazing transformation and sadly my room generally looks like the before picture more often than not! I just found your blog and am enjoying looking around. Thank you for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This room is wonderful.
    Much hard work.
    Good.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. A completely fabulous mega-tidy and makeover! I feel so ashamed of my back bedroom/gloryhole, and am now inspired to do something about it! Huge thanks for the link to the brilliant Jam Jar Shop - I have to have some of their brilliant labels for the 101 jars in my pantry! And a job jar is #1 on my To Do list for this week!
    I love your blog so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin