8 August 2010

Bedroom Lamp Revamp



I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately but I've decided to have a mini summer holiday before I get back to college.  Rather than relax though I've been up to my eyes working hard.



Of course in amongst all of this I am getting ready for friends coming to visit next week, always the perfect reason (ok excuse) to do a big clear out. They are bringing their children so the spare/craft room has finally (HALLELUJAH!!!!) been cleared out and now looks lovely. I will share pics tomorrow, as there are a few finishing touches to be made. Speaking of which I put this lamp in the spare room for the kids as it's one of those you touch to turn it on.
 


 
I thought it would be easier for them. However, when I put it in there amongst all the gingham and toys I thought it looked a bit dull so in the middle of my clear out I decided to give it a revamp. I got the glue gun out and added some bright red ric rac to the top and bottom of the shade and then random buttons all around. I think it looks much better.




Whilst clearing out I keep coming across bits of fabrics and am full of ideas for things to make but am trying to keep the kitchen clear (trying!!) I did manage to get the little house, at the top of the post, made though.  It's an alternative to a laverndar heart.  I've made some cute little dresses too ... promise to share pics soon.

Ok I better get back to the big clear out!

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend x
Recently the cottage has been fit to burst with all the stuff I've accumulated and I decided it was time to do a serious (I really mean serious) de-clutter. I've lost count of the bags of clothes and 'stuff' that I've dropped off at various charity shops (I like to spread it out) and as for the bags of rubbish ... hmmm they are accumulating in my shed waiting to be sorted for recycling. Yes I know, I'm wondering why I didn't do it as I went along too! I think it was a case of me having to shove stuff into bin bags after making a hasty decision, if I had to sort it out I'd only change my mind and start putting things back. It's all going to recycling tomorrow and there's no hope of me taking anything back into the cottage as despite the big clear out every cupboard and drawer is full. Not full as in all tumbling out when you open them but nicely full.

2 comments:

  1. I love having a big clear out - clear space = clear mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lamp looks lovely, just right for your decor. i am in deep envy of you having your clear out. I need to start but when.....

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin