9 July 2010

A little bit of calm

I can't believe another week has gone by ... where does the time go?

 

I've been consulting my Little Book of Calm as I'm into my third week of a chest infection (yuck!) and think my rushing and racing around the place isn't helping so today I decided to have some time out aka 'me time'.  

So I took myself off for a swim this morning and then popped into the shops to get some croissants (me time has to include some sort of indulgence) and as fate would have it there was this month's Country Living and Country Homes & Interiors .... perfect!

I got home, slected Madeleine on the ipod, unplugged my phone, put the coffee machine on and warmed up the croissants.  


A few minutes later I was curled up on the sofa ooogling over all the gorgeous pictures and articles dreaming away.





There's a FAB article on summer houses and sheds in Country Living, the images are just ADORABLE, the best I've seen.  I'm not going to share pictures because I've found a few blogs do that recently and I find it so disappointing because I love getting my copy of these magazines and getting lost in them.  

Before you all start thinking "if only" fear not, it barely lasted half an hour as I heard the washing machine finish and knew I had a small slot to get the washing on the line before the rain came, my mobile bleeped three times with text messages and I realised I had to send an email to someone before they left the office so, despite what people often think when they read my blog, I don't spend all day drinking coffee and reading magazines :o)  But I do try to make time for it, even if it is just half an hour. 


Have a lovely weekend everyone xx

7 comments:

  1. What gorgeous, inviting, yummy pics! It's the nicest thing to have a little 'me' time in the hectic daily life of everything. And you are right...'me' time goes hand in hand with some sort of indulgent treat! Have a wonderful weekend! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are still not well! Your day did sound divine though, and the little heart pot is just precious.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely post - I know the feeling of needing Me time, I work full time all week and have really been pulled here and there all week - so tonight I have my feet up and enjoying reading some lovely blogs - congrats on the magazine by the way - I saw your number somewhere on here and was going to send you a text but feared that would be odd - but I was delighted for ya xx
    Neen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaahhh.....that was lovely. Madeleine is one of my all time faves. You're my kind of girl. Lots of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle, lovely relaxing post, I saw the article in Country Living on those beautiful outdoor rooms, I have been craving one for years, I will have to talk nicely to Mr. Margie before my birthday at the end of the month. Take care of your health, I had that chest infection in May and it is a tough one to shift, more feet up and reading excellent magazine articles is the best medicine. Hugs, Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle,
    Hope you getting better.
    I've started my own blog after seeing yours! I am still trying to figure out how to do things in the blog ... thank you for the lovely blog you have. I adore all your your stuff. I live in Dublin so i missed the country living life.. you are very Lucky.
    talk yo you another time ;-)
    Hugs XXX
    Susana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle,
    Hope you getting better.
    I've started my own blog after seeing yours! I am still trying to figure out how to do things in the blog ... thank you for the lovely blog you have. I adore all your your stuff. I live in Dublin so i missed the country living life.. you are very Lucky.
    talk yo you another time
    HugsXXX
    Susana

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin