8 May 2010

A quick lick of paint does wonders


There's nothing like a lick of white paint to brighten things up.

This morning I pulled this rather dreary looking deck chair out of the shed. 



I can distinctly remember the day I bought it.  That's what I love about all my furniture, there's a little story for every single piece, actually all the crockery too.

The deck chair was bought on a scorching hot day at a boot fair with my Auntie Pauline, for the bargain price of £2. I had just moved into a lovely flat with a garden and was desperate for some garden furniture.   I had intended at the time (over 5 years ago!!) to paint and re-cover it but just never got round to it.

That is until today.


After a couple of coats of paint and a little sewing this is what it looks like now ...



Rather lovely if I say so myself.



After I took the pics I walked into the kitchen and started picking up the leftover fabric off the floor and then thought "I could do something with that" ... so I made a removable pillow :o)





I would love to say that I then spent the entire day sitting in my lovely deck chair but I did not.   I think I will tomorrow though ...

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend x

17 comments:

  1. That looks great! Hope you are having a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable.What some of you can do here on blogger, I get so inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a change, it looks fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a transformation! Your deckchair looks lovely, I especially like the removeable cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chair looks great. You've got me thinking...I have some very sad looking directors chairs in the shed....xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for all the lovely comments :o) Crafty Helen be sure to let me know how your chairs come out. M x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fabulous and like something off the pages of country living that invariably costs a fortune. You are an inspiration!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle, thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog. I LOOOOVE your deck chair. It's so funny cos I have had a deck chair in our garage for a couple of years that I have tried to fix, but someone (various someones!) keeps sitting on it and one of the poles breaks! Heee, my husband was about to chuck it out and I rescued it and said I was gonna try one more time, mmmm! Seeing your lovely chair makes me determined to get it right now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great transformation...you're so clever. Lucy lu xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that make over...very cool!x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cute! Well done! My goodness, what a load of work you did in one day. I love the idea of the removable cushion too, really lovely Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am impressed. It looks so summery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your chair now what a transformation !

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing difference! You definitely deserve to spend some time relaxing in it! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I LOVE IT! REALLY REALLY LOVE IT!!!! What a super duper talented lady you are! Ah, how I go all giddy for the stripes. It looks super cool and the pics of it in the garden are gorgeous. I am sure you are going to have many a lazy sunny day in that deckchair! What a fantastic transformation. Just goes to show what you can make and revamp! Have a wonderful day and week and hope the weather is nice enough for you to have a long relax in it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Does the chair come apart so you can slide the new canvas on or do you have to manipulate it through the sewing machine whilst attached to the frame? Or have you hand stitched it? I have been wondering about it all day.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - thank you so much for all the lovely comments.

    I've had a few emails about how I covered the deckchair ... I simply took off the old cover and used it as a template to cut out the new cover and then I used upholstery tacks to hold it in place. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin