11 May 2010

Me time

After all the stress of the past few weeks it's nice to finally have some me time.  No deadlines, no pressures and most importantly no 'to do' list. Actually that's not entirely true as there is a permanent to do list in my head that just grows by the day, even more so after spending time looking at all the beautiful blogs out there but that's another story.

I had hoped to spend a few days relaxing and doing nothing but it doesn't seem to be something I'm good at and after spending Saturday re-vamping my deck chair I had gotten the sewing bug so I started rummaging through my material stash and came across this pretty floral fabric.


I must have bought this over a year ago and the intention at the time, was to cover my kitchen chairs but then it got lost in my gargantuan sewing projects - to do pile.   However, after a few hours of sewing and more rummaging in the sewing projects - to do pile I came up with this.




Yes, another pretty florally bag to add to my ridiculous collection.

(inside)

However this one is reversible (very excited about that bit).  So when I get bored with the flowers I can have pink polka dots instead. 
 
 

And it's even finished off with a homemade label :o) 
(try to ignore the slight smudge over the www)

 
Warning! Shameless plug ...

If you fancy making something similar you should come along to one of my workshops this summer at Ros School of Art. 
Click on the workshops tab above for more details.

6 comments:

  1. a cute bag, love the idea of it being reversable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag. So cute. I must get on with my to do list rather than sitting here reading blogs!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous bag - and how clever being reversible?!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just gorgeous, I love polka dot, and the size is good too, K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous. You are very talented.
    Please can you tell us how you attached the canvas to your deck chair. I am very puzzled!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Michelle, I would love to come to your class and make bags... but the commute could be a little far :)
    I was thinking of buying a sewing machine would you be able to recommend one for me?
    I have a dotey little electric singer from the 1950's that belonged to my great aunt but it is not very practical, the light goes out when I put my foot on the pedal and it only sews when it wants to! And where do you source your material its lovely.
    Enjoy your me time!
    best Niamh

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin