1 April 2010

7 things about little old me


Thank you so much to the lovely ladies at Made with Love and Chez Sophie for the Beautiful Blogger Award.   I'd like to pass it onto every blog I follow because they are all truly beautiful and I can't possibly pick just a few.


So here we go, 7 things about me ...

ONE   I LOVE the rain.  I do.  I think it's romantic.  Maybe that and the fact that it always reminds me of home (Ireland). I don't mind getting wet but obviously I prefer to be indoors, curled up on the sofa, listening to it beating against the window pane. I also think movies like Dirty Dancing and The Notebook make it even more appealing.

TWO  I can't leave my house without a notebook in my bag for sketching or writing down ideas.

THREE  I'm writing a book.  In fact I'm writing two. 

FOUR  I can't abide it when I go for coffee with someone and they order a cappuccino as it inevitably leads to them stirring the said cappuccino and then drawing the spoon to their mouth and licking the full length of it right in front of me euggghhhhh it is just the most horrible thing ever.  I would rather watch somebody on the loo - seriously!  I think I have a little OCD in me. 

FIVE  I love music.  I have playlists for everything on my ipod - dinner, brunch, walking, romance, dancing, blogging (it's on here, just scroll down and press play). 

SIX  I have an appalling short term memory.  So much so that whilst I was in London I bought two copies of the same cd.  Seriously, it's that bad.  I also buy two copies of magazines sometimes, it's so annoying. 

SEVEN  I love travelling by train.  There's something incredibly romantic and exciting about it. I think Sophie Dahl summed it up beautifully in her programme last night as does this poem she read out ... 

AFTER THE LUNCH


On Waterloo Bridge, where we said our goodbyes
The weather conditions bring tears to my eyes

I wipe them away with a black woolly glove

And try not to notice I’ve fallen in love.


On Waterloo Bridge I am trying to think

This is nothing. You’re high on the charm and the drink

But the juke-box inside me is playing a song

That says something different. And when was it wrong?


On Waterloo Bridge with the wind in my hair

I am tempted to skip. You’re a fool. I don’t care

The head does its best but the heart is the boss –

I admit it before I am halfway across. 

  

                                                                              Wendy Cope

(poem was sourced from here)

6 comments:

  1. How amazing. Isn't it wonderful to find out the little things about people, and not only are you writing one book, but 2, how fantastic. Also you've mentioned a few things that I love too, travelling by train, the rain, never leaving the house without a notbook and pen - brilliant. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rain too.
    When your in bed and it's pouring down outside, there is nothing better than being all cuddled up with a big mug of coffee, "No spoon licking" and a good book..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant agree with you on the rain thing but the coffee, yes that annoys me too!!
    Have a great Easter.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the waterloo bridge poem, the view from the bridge is my favourites in London.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice romantic poeme
    I don't no where de waterloo bridge is but i fall in love.
    What a nice site, i will follow you
    have a very nice and sunny easter
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling popped in to wish you and your family a joyous and blessed Easter.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin