31 March 2010

The Country Living Fair

So here we go, my little (well it started out little) review of the Country Living Fair.


What can I say, the official fair website sums it up quite well "it is the perfect way to banish the winter blues". and "it makes for an inspring day out with family or friends".   I had a really lovely day with Sarah and Janet, it was like jumping into an issue of Country Living. I've never seen so much cuteness, imagine all your favourite blogs packed into one place!!  It was also very reasonable price-wise. 


However, on the negative side it was a bit too samey.  There's only so many versions of the wooden letters L O V E you can see before it's too much.  I was also disappointed in the lack of suppliers there. I thought there would be wool and material available to buy but it was all pre-made goods apart from three stalls, that I can remember, selling fabric.  The other thing is that I have no idea who I bought off as everything I got has no label.  In fact disappointingly one of them was made in China :o(  So ... for all you would-be exhibitors next year remember to label everything.

Despite the last few comments I will definitley be going next year.


Here are some of the stalls I liked.  Thankfully I brought a notebook and jotted them down as I went around.

Hand-knitted gifts and decorations with a childhood influence and vintage feel.  I've been following Laura on facebook and she's doing really well at the minute.  Her knitted gifts are adorable and I bought her fabulous book.


Beautiful material, vintage items and handmade bags & gifts.

 

Little Crooked House - handmade soft furnishings, accessories & gifts for children. 
Little Folk - personalised children's gifts.
Super cute little girls dresses at ilovebreadandjam
Accessores made from vintage fabric & trims at red ric rac.
Maison Claire - eclectic range of fabulous vintage furniture and decorative accessories, sourced with passion from all over France


La Maison Blanc - french style furniture and home accessories and these super cute dolls.



Janine Drayson - gorgeous hand painted cards and prints


There were so many more but I'll be here all evening at this rate.

So what date is the Christmas Fair ................  ?

4 comments:

  1. I thought about going, I wish I had gone now, Glad you had a nice time..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I have just become your 100th follower!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow thanks for all those links, some gorgeous stuff there !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had lot of fun Michelle. Lovely pics. Thankyou for sharing,
    Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin