25 February 2010

Julie & Julia



Have you seen it?

No - well go out and rent/buy it !! 

Yes - isn't it just fab!? :o) 

Well apart from Meryl Streep's incredibly annoying accent.  What was the reason for it, does anyone know, afterall she was playing an american??  

Click here to see the trailer. 

Regardless of whether or not you like cooking this movie is lovely if you have a blog.  (Click here for Julie Powell's real life blog).  It makes you think that you're not the only one who 'thinks like that'.  I particularly love it when after a fight Julie's hubby storms out and says something along the lines of "don't post about this fight on your blog".  That really made me smile as I do feel like my life sometimes revolves around my blog!!  Luckily I'm not in a relationship so there's no-one to argue with/blog about but I certainly manager to blog about everything else in my life. 
 

8 comments:

  1. Oooo, I've not seen it, I will certainly look out for it though.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to watch that sounds funny.
    How's the kitchen going?
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again, thanks for your comment, I have thought about what you said ie having two names, that might be a very good idea. I was trying to keep away from shabby and chic as every one seems to use it.
    Anyway have a lovely weekend.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only watched this movie last week - and I loooooved it!!! Such a wonderful film.
    Apparently Meryl Streep had Julia Childs accent off to a T, it sounds strange it must be said,

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have adorable things here you make.I love Ruby as well.LOL.Love that name!~~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't manage to see it at the cinema despite best intentions, but will definitely watch it on DVD.
    Love your blog by the way.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the movie! I had the honor of meeting Julia Child in San Francisco...twice! I always felt like she was a mentor. My husband and I saw the move opening day and I bought the movie the day it came out. MY only regret??? Not thinking about cooking her entire cookbook and then writing about it!
    You are very talented, I love all your creations! Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved the movie too - thanks for the link to Julie Powell's blog :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin