7 January 2010

Red, White, Grey or Blue???



Help!

I just can't decide what to do.

I have two doors in my kitchen still to be painted and I just can't decide on a colour.




As some of you will know my cottage is called "An Teach Ban" (Irish for the white house) due to the fact that I paint literally everything white!  However, after this VERY white christmas I'm in need of some colour and really tempted to paint these doors red.  Well not red but summer pudding.  What do you think? I think I'm just in love with the name.  I'm also loving the Crown website ... I suggest you grab a cuppa before you head over there!

Otherwise I could play it safe and go for white or I was thinking of a really light grey ('crochet' or 'cashmere' by Crown) or a duck egg blue.

Ooooooh what to do?

I thought I would have come to a decision after my coffee and croissants this morning whilst delving into this months' magazines but not only am I more confused I am now adding to my already massive 'to do list' for 2010, not to mention my 'i want one of those' list too :o)





I love this clean look.  The following pics are all taken from Country Homes & Interiors January issue.



How fabulous is this !!  A snip at £9,999 from Emma Bridgewater.



These mugs in jackets are just gorgeous.  I think I'm going to try and knit some myself.   In the meantime I think I'm going to go and make a hot chocolate and continue adding to my lists.  It's bitterly cold here.  I can't wait for Spring.  As much as I loved having a white christmas I think i can honestly say I've had enough now.




7 comments:

  1. hmm, too much to decide. definitely go for a colour. I think that pinky red is so fun but I also like the idea of a smokey grey with depth. I love your white dresser with all the colourful cups. I want one!

    I dare you to be brave and go for the red, It is such a lovely kitchen can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE your blog (and i'm already a follower!) so happy to meet you! your house is so beautiful! i would paint these doors pale green of blue, but i guess i would be able to decide as you do... also pink is cute (hehehe).
    have a very sweet day and hope to hear from you soon!
    justyna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think light gray would be great! Good Luck!

    Just found your blog and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle

    thanks for your visit and comment on my blog!

    love your kitchen and those croissants..fabulous...hmmm I wouldn't go red, think you'd be sick of it in a minute, I think grey too if you have a lot of white, I'm into grey and will be painting something grey very soon lol!

    cheers

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. hello who would buy that AGA??!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmm, well I'm an all white kinda girl, so I'd paint the doors white.

    But, if you really want colour, you could paint the outside frame section of the door in white, then add the Summer Pudding into the panels, so you'd have a white edge and 6 coloured sections. That way you'd only need to buy a small sample pot and they could be easily painted over if it didn't turn out as you'd hoped.

    On the other hand, you could paint them all summer pudding and get some white muslin or gauze of some kind and wrap it around the door as if you're tying a big bow around the door like a gift. Makes a nice feature for next Christmas too.

    I'm sure whatever you do it'll look fantastic!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling thanks for stopping by my cottage and for the kind words you left behind, much appreciated.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin