9 December 2008

Christmas Market



Thank you to all my friends who came along to support me on Saturday, it was great! As always I worried and fussed over nothing!

I got there bright and early despite the horrendous road conditions! It took me about an hour and a half driving in third gear! But I have to say it was the most beautiful morning with regards to views ... I had to stop and take these pics of lake Kilglass en route ...




As I was so early I got my pick of spots which was great :o) so I chose the spot by the gate. Not only was this a great spot with regard to catching people on their way in/out, but it was covered in rays of sunshine all day !!! (must aim to get that spot if I get to go again!).



I spent ages setting up, hoping that it was going to look 'just right' and I thought it did at the time, however looking at the pics I'm not so sure??



Well I did well and sold quite a few bits so that's the main thing. Everyone loved the star cushions





in fact all the cushions ...





the hot watter bottles ..



and the personalised stockings (I personalised them with fabric paint while people waited or wandered around the other stalls).



The cards went really well too. I didn't make too many christmas cards as I was worried I would be left with a lot of them as they are so cheap in the shops but people really liked the idea that I personalised them there and then with names or messages they chose. There are too many pics to post so I'll put them in a slide show and post seperatley.

Finally here are some paintings by Jackie Sweeney that are also on sale at the market. I had these ones on my stall but there are more fab ones that will be there for the next two weekends!





All in all it was a great day. As I'm not going to be around for a couple of weeks I will miss the next few weekends but if you are in Carrick on Shannon on the 13th or 20th December be sure to pop by the market for some lovely Christmas gifts :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin