9 December 2008

Christmas Decorations



0oooooooooooooooooooooh my favourite time of the year - putting up my decorations :o)

I lit a big fire and got out my favourite Christmas CD with Doris Day (Here comes Santa Claus) and Frank Sinatra (White Christmas)and spent most of Sunday and Monday decorating ...

I got my first ever real tree ... well my first real tree on my own and in my own house that is. They're pretty pricey this year but this one I got for 35 euro. I decided to avoid buying a stand and opted for a terracota pot instead, lined with a bin bag and filled with sand. That way it supports the tree but I can also keep it watered :o) (and it saves me another 40 quid!).

Here's the tree before I went mad on decorating



and here it is afterwards.



I had hoped to have nothing but my christmas pom poms on the tree but alas I didn't have time to make enough so I decided to go with my market stall theme of red and white and decorated it with some red glass berry garlands, white lights (lots) and snowmen :o)



After the tree I put a wreath on my door



but it was looking a little sparce so I planned to take a walk up the bog and get some holly but my Dad obviously read my mind. I got home to this left on my doorstep ....



I think the holly made a big difference. That and my little robbins and of course a red and white polka dot ribbon :o)



Of course I didn't stop there - the holly has been stuck all around the house











I have three trees up so far and lights on the bike outside so there's more pics to come :o) Here's the "white" tree to go with my "white" house ...



Of course I have my christmas stocking too - hope Santa leaves me some goodies Christmas Eve!



I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOV|E Christmas !!

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative..! Impressed with your Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin