19 November 2008

Baking, baking and more baking



OMG I've just spent the entire day baking. It started with a few dozen cupcakes which I thought I'd make and freeze for Christmas as I had these really cute christmassy bun cases that I got in New York last year. However, it sort of spiralled out of control and I ended up with



Jam tarts made with scraps of pastry leftover from making quiche. I cut them out with a flower shaped cutter and sat them in a bun tin with a spoon of jam and baked for 10 mins.



Apple Fudge cake from Rachel Allens' Food With Friends book. It's so simple. Just place wedges of cooking apples in the bottom of a sponge tin, sprinkle with brown sugar and cover with a sponge mixture. Bake for 40 mins and turn out upside down. I didn't have time to make the fudge sauce but it's delicious as it is, preferably warm out of the oven with a dollop of creme fraiche mmmmmmm I'm afraid I was a bit over generous with the icing sugar.



And more of Rachel's delicious lemon biscuits. I'm totally hooked on these. I'm not sure if it's the taste, the fact they are soooo easy to make or that I just like using all my different cookie cutters. I think it's a combination of all of the above.

Of course I should be doing anything but baking as my list of things to do just seems to get longer and longer especially now that I'm going to be doing a craft fair on the 6th December. OMG I need a 72 hour day !! My mind is buzzing at the mo with all the things I want to make and do but I think I better get to my polka dot/cup cake bed :o)

Night

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin