27 May 2008

Tea Party




A few weeks ago I decided to have a tea party with my friends as I've gotten a bit bored with going to the same place for Saturday lunch every week ... ok ... really I just wanted an excuse to use all my cake stands and tea cups that had started gathering dust in my cupboards :o)

So I got up early on Saturday morning and spent a couple of hours baking ... pure bliss. I made a lovely (if I say so myself) sponge (that rose beautifully!!) and fairy cakes (using my Nan's recipe) and various sandwiches - cucumber & cream cheese, smoked salmon and cream cheese & chicken salad. There was supposed to be coronation chicken but I ran out of mayo!!



I did a little sign using an old slate tile and chalk and laid out the table with all my boot sale finds from the last few years :o) I was hoping it was going to be sunny so we could sit outside on my newly purchased garden furniture and I could wear one of my pretty summer dresses that I spent the previous weekend washing and ironing but alas the Irish weather was less than reliable.
Never mind, it was still a lovely day spent chatting and catching up with my friends.



1 comment:

  1. OMG, so cute. You're inspiring me to do something just like this. But perhaps I'll do a "potluck" tea party. ;) Stacy

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin