22 January 2008

Long crafty weekend

Despite this being a long weekend here in New York (today is Martin Luther King Day so we had it off) it's still gone really quickly and I've got the Sunday night blues getting ready for work .. :o(



Never mind as I got loads done this weekend. On Friday I headed to the Garment District, 38th & 39th Street between 7th & 8th and got lost in all the fabric and notions stores - oh my god! I've never seen so many ribbons and buttons and fabric, it was fabulous! I bought some gorgeous polka dot fabric for a fraction of what it costs in the UK or Ireland and some lovely rick rack which I can't wait to use. I've been busy sketching and creating patterns for when I get home to my sewing machine. I've got tonnes of ideas for stuffed toys, lavendar hearts, gorgeous bags and aprons and you name it I'm going to make it :o)




Today I headed to a knitting shop with Aimee where we hung out all day knitting. It's so cool - on 14th Street between 2nd and 3rd. They have lots of tables where you can hang out and knit and tea and coffee too :o) It was the only place to be today as it was FREEEEEEZING, no seriously it was FREEEEEEEZING. I started my beautiful red hat (the wool and needles were a christmas present from Aimee). Alas I had to start it and finish it about 5 times due to the gauge being wrong and then twisting the stitches with the circular needles. I was so peeved at one point I was ready to go home but thanks to Aimee I stuck with it. I also learned a new cast on technique called the sling shot cast on that was very cool.





I also got some fab patterns off Aimee for knitted flowers so I can't wait to get home to my box of wool and start making them in all different colours :o)









Apart from all that I've been busy making some new cards which you can see above or go to my facebook account (search for michellemadethis) and check out my photos.

So all in all it's been a crafty weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin