27 February 2012

Pinterest How to - Part 1


Lately I've been getting a few questions about Pinterest so I thought I'd give you a quick run through on what it is and how to use it, well how I use it :O) 

First of all a W A R N I N G !  

Pinterest is totally addictive.  

If you thought Facebook was bad well let me tell you this is worse!  

I'm not telling you this to put you off, in fact the opposite. 

Okay so now that we have that out of the way. 

What is Pinterest?

Pinterest is an online pin board.   

Basically it allows you to pin an image from any site on the internet onto your own virtual pin board. 

How do I get on Pinterest?

Go to the pinterest home page http://www.pinterest.com 

and click on the button Request an Invite  

You will then be sent an email with your login details. 

What then?

Let's get pinning!

Ok first things first you should edit your profile.  

In the top right hand corner you should see your name, click on it and choose settings.


Fill in the fields you wish to complete.

Bear in mind people use Pinterest for different reasons. 

Some people just want to just look at the pictures but many people are realising the power of Pinterest and setting up accounts in order to direct traffic to their websites/blogs.  
If you're one of them make sure you add a link to your site in your profile. 

On the settings page you can also create a link to your facebook and twitter page and upload a photo.  
It's up to you how much or how little you want to share.  

Once you've done that you're ready to set up your boards

I think this might be enough information for now so I'll come back tomorrow with part 2 of my "Pinterest - How to" which includes setting up boards, adding images to your boards aka 'pinning' and a few more hints and tips. :O)

If you're already on Pinterest you can follow my boards here


Have a lovely evening peeps xx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on this, it helps as I have'nt a clue!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin