24 July 2011

Recycled Sewing


One of the things I love about being able to sew is that everything has potential. 

This proves a problem when I'm shopping though as I can visualise making all sorts out of everything and anything. 

However sometimes I do actually get round to making these things (and sometimes not, hence the enormous pile of fabric in my cupboard but that's a whole other post!).

This was one of those times.

I bought this 'fabric' in the form of a duvet in a charity shop. 

I loved the rose print.

I've already made a couple of bags from it and this week I made an apron for a friend of mine. 



For the ties on I used bits of ribbon - you can just about see the pink organza in this pic.    I love how it came out as I didn't have a pattern! 

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Anyone else doing some recycled sewing??

2 comments:

  1. That is a great apron and a clever way to use up old duvets.
    Ger

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is great fabric!!! i love the apron xx

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin