29 June 2011

Waste not want not


Like most other crafty peeps out there I'm tring to use up what I've got before I buy anything else.  I can't say I'm sticking to it rigidly but I am trying!

I've been wanting to make a tea cosy for a while (not that I even drink tea!) and whilst sorting out my wool stash these fell out onto the florally cushion above and I thought voila!  Love those colours together.  I originally planned to do a plain cosy with a big flower on it but then veered off and decided on a cup on one side and a cup cake on the other. 


After spending a bit of time (way too long) in excel I came up with some charts. Here's the tea cup, It's not the greatest but not bad (if I say so myself) for a frist timer.  I think I'll do two stitches for the cup handle next time (yes I'm already thinking of doing more and I've not even finished this one!) as you can barely see it.


I've started on the cupcake on the other side now so hopefully I'll have a finished product to show you later in the week!

Anyone else knitting at the mo?  I've been tempted into charts by cross stitch magazine - I keep seeing it on the shelf in Tesco and thinking "wow that's pretty but I'm sure I could do that in excel".  So, despite a to do list a mile long I spent a few hours in excel working out some charts.  Watch this space for more designs :O)

3 comments:

  1. Gosh how clever to do the charts yourself, I am impressed! I too am knitting, little jackets for new baby and would you believe it..a tea cosy...Mine is the old vintage style that looks pleated and is finished with loads of roses on the top. I will have to show you mine when its finished. Looking forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your make. How talented are you?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, can't wait to see the finished cosy! I've just started knitting again in the past two weeks, Im making a blanket from purlbee.com. They have such cute craft ideas!x

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin