25 May 2011

CD or download?



I'm an old fashioned girl in lots of ways
But especially so when it comes to cds

Despite working in IT
and being surrounded by geeks
I never got into downloading
I'd rather wait weeks

Why?

I love to have something to hold
for which I have paid
Not just a file on my laptop
which is so easily mislaid
I like to have the lyrics of the song
that let me sing along
I like to read the thank you notes
on the back sleeve
and look at the photos
which make the artist more real

I know all of the above is available online
and for free most of the time
which brings me to the most important reason I buy
So the artist gets the money
not some greedy online swine!

Currently loving the beautiful Kate Walsh



So are you a cd person or do you prefer to download? 

1 comment:

  1. Both! It depends what I'm feeling that day. I download more often nowadays but then copy to CD at home, or playlist and copy. I don't mind not having the plastic cases hanging round. I'm clutter clearing and digital just makes that so much easier.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin