25 April 2011

THE Knitted Car


I know it's been ages
almost four weeks
but I've been busy knitting
squares and little sheeps

We've been knitting the squares
in cream and green tones
to cover my car
for the Easter parade float


It seemed like a great
idea at the time
but a few days ago
I was starting to whine

When the car looked like this


I started to fret
But my lovely knitting ladies
all came out to help


After weeks of knitting
and gathering the squares,
hours of sewing
and pulling out my hair


It slowly came together
piece by piece



 until eventually
we ended up with this !



I drove the car in the Easter parade
The response I got just made my day
Thank you so much to everyone who helped
You're totally amazing it has to be said!

If you wish to join us
for knitting some time
We meet ever Friday
In Gleesons at 10



Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I saw this driving home yesterday and I was like wtf?! It all makes sense now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh ,that is the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin