20 March 2011

Tea time!



When life get's to much
and your to do list is overflowing

Stop!

Bake scones

Get your friends round

Drink coffee

Put the world to rights

Smile and be happy :O)  



The most delicious scones ever!

1lb plain flour
pinch of salt
1tsp bicarb of soda
2 tsp cream of tartar
1oz caster sugar
3oz sultanas
4.5 oz butter
1 beaten egg
9fl oz buttermilk


These are my fav scones ever!  They are really light and sweet without being too sweet.  They are also crunchy on the bottom as opposed to chewy.  As you can see I'm quite particular about my scones.

To make:

Preheat oven to 220 C, Gas 7

Sieve all dry ingredients into bowl and grate in the butter straight from the fridge. 
Rub the butter into the mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
Add the sugar and mix well.
Add most of the egg (save some for egg wash before baking) and all of the milk.
Form into a moist dough and knead lightly.
I tend to press it out as opposed to roll it out but it's up to you
Using a cutter or upturned glass cut out your scones
Place on a floured baking tray and brush with the remaining egg yolk
I like to sprinkle a litle sugar on mine also
Bake for 10-12 mins until golden on top

Serve with jam and whipped cream
and a bunch of friends
and feel those worries disappear :O)

Enjoy x

7 comments:

  1. Yum! The scones look gorgoeus! I'm suddenly thinking it's time for elevenses! BTW, I just found your blog today and am really enjoying it! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comfort on a plate..........I love it. Will definitely be making your scones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they sound lovely, I will have to jot the recipe down and give them a go. Thanks for sharing.
    Luv Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh they looklovely. i think i need to make these. my diet will have to wait until tomorrow. smiles needed today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love scones! Can I come out for some? I'm particular about the crunch too....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mouth watering treats, and so cute in the heart shapes too. Delighted to see you were in at Boora Parklands, did you notice that Mr Margie (Marc) is credited with assisting on the building of the Pyramid. Thank you for reminding us of the times we spent there. Hugs, Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great advice!! And I love your heart shaped scones!!!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin