6 February 2011

Not enough hours


I'm pretty sure I posted the same thing this time last year?

I may aswell apologise now for the lack of posts in the last week or so and for the weeks to come.  It's that time of year again, approaching mid term which basically means end of term is almost here and of course I'm knee deep in adding finishing touches to assignments and sketch books (and drinking too much coffee!). 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining I love it, well sort of.  It would be so much more enjoyable without the time constraints but then that's the problem with being a 'creative' we like to just do things when we feel like it not when we have to.  That being said I'm in a good place at the mo and churning things out so again I can't complain :)Here's a few sketches I've been working on for our sculpture project. 

I've gone with the theme 'embrace'

These were one and two minute pencil and pen sketches.


This is done with a felt pen and then water was added to create the shading


This is just oil pastel on a piece of wallpaper


This is a combination of three sketches, the first was red oil pastel (1 minute) where the negative space was sketched, then the pink pastel (1 minute) was used to add shading and the black pastel (1 minute) to finish it.  Not my fav actually as I think it looks a bit violent as opposed to a loving embrace.  Funny how the drawing technique can change the look of a picture.


Finally another pen and water sketch (my personal favourite)


So there you go, that's the reason I haven't been visiting you all so much in blog land.  I have to say I miss it but I have to refrain unless I learn of a technique to freeze time!

Hope you are all well and don't forget me I'll be popping back soon, just not as often.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! ... Your blog is great. The contents are very comprehensive. But unfortunately, too long. I'm almost out of breath to be able to view the display face of this blog. I wish you would make it slightly more compact. Not of everyone has fast internet. Especially in island countries such as in my place. But I've already happy with this blog and want to make friends with you. Allow me follow this blog. Thank you and my greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I adore your work! I seem to be in the same situation things seem to happen way to fast these days...

    http://melissa-thatgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog, I think it's great. Love all your arty and crafty stuff. We used to live near Roscommon town but now live in Arigna, North Roscommon. Will add to my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow love your sketches, what a lovely way to lose time :-)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin