15 February 2011

1000 Knitters wanted


Calling all you fabulous knitters out there.

Do you fancy taking part in a Knitting World Record?

If so how about joining us on 30th April 2011 in Ireland as part of our Roscommon Lamb Festival in an attempt to break the record for the largest group of knitters in one place.

Knitting was once synonymous with Ireland but like many traditions it's becoming a lost craft.  I don't want it to disappear altogether so I am asking for your help.  Please spread the word on your blogs, on your facebook, on twitter, in email or at your stitch'n bitch groups.

Here in Roscommon I am running a weekly Stitch'n Bitch with my knitting group The Cast Offs every Friday morning at 10.00 am in Gleesons Townhouse 

I have several other events lined up over the next few weeks including Knit'n Wine Nights, Interactive window demonstrations, free knitting workshops and so much more.

If you would like to join me and 999 other knitters just drop me an email at michelle(at)michellemadethis(dot)come.  Likewise if you would be willing to put some posters up in your local town let me know and I will post them out to you.

For more information

Click on the Knitting Record page above
Email me at michelle(at)michellemadethis(dot)com

Keeeeeeeep stitching!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Michelle

    I will run this by CafeCreate, the stitchnbitch group I set up in Galway - I am planning our next outing and think this could be it! to spread the word I will mention it here:http://stitchnbitchgalway.blogspot.com/

    I will run it by the members after our meeting on Saturday and will get back to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regrettably I am far too far away to join you, but wish you the greatest luck in enlisting all those knitters. It sounds as though it will be great fun.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin