27 January 2011

Blogging


First of all thank you so much for all the comments and emails on this post.  I'm sorry I'm only replying but I've been away for a few days.  Just as well as it's given me time to think about what to do and I've dedided to leave it for now.  Today the sun has been shining and my hyacinths are blooming so I'm not going to let it get to me.

In the meantime I've found some really interesting posts on blogging etiquette and copyright.  Even if you have been blogging for years I think these are really interesting reads.

"Be creative, don’t steal other people’s content. Just because you don’t have anything to write to maintain your blog, does not give you the right to copy and paste other people’s work onto yours" 

This and more blogging etiquette can be found here

There's also some great advice at the lovely Creature Comforts blog here on etiquette and 'copying'.

The most comprehensive post I found is here on the lovely blog Design Sponge.  There are some really useful tips and great advice in this post and I recommend everyone read it. 

Thanks again for all your comments and support.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to read just now of your blogging troubles, Michelle. Ally of From the Right Bank had the same issues a while ago, and she resolved it by adding text at the end of every post stating that if it was not part of FTRB, it was illegally copied. I believe that sorted it for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, just read your last post. Hope things feel better now. You know whoever it is that is copying you won't have a good feeling like the one you get when you create whatever they are piching, they know it's not theirs. Sending kind wishes Em xxx
    P.s I would love to nick you fabbie kitchen though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Michelle, so sorry to hear about your blog theft, some people have absolutely no respect for others. I found some of my work on other sites last year and was really upset, I put some copyrights in place and vowed not to let it get to me. Try to put your energy in to creating instead. My friend sent me a "Damn it doll" she has recently undergone surgery and is almost through her chemotherapy, she swears by the doll. If you email me your address I will post off one to you. Big hugs, Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do feel for you Michelle, there must be something in the air as yours is the 3rd story I've read about via blogger, FB & twitter of makers being ripped off, take care & hold your head up high, you've done nothing wrong Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. just been catching up on blogs and hadn't seen your earlier post - what a disappointment to have people stealing from your blog - your work has 'you' stamped all over it - but what a shame if other people are profiting or taking credit for your creativity. Hope you can get some advice on this. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were not linking the credit back to you were they??
    Very good advice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures ;))
    Have a nice weekend♥
    Hug, Anki

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin