3 December 2010

Scarf Wreath


What do you think of my homemade wreath?

It was inspired by the craft fair I went to in Paris. 
My mum and I saw something similar and loved it.
Yesterday I got out of the house, for the first time in 5 days!
and popped into the charity shop looking for some tea cups
for my candles and the minute I saw this scarf for two euros
I knew exactly what I was going to do with it !!



Take a wire hanger and bend it into a circular shape.
You may need pliers for this (I did)


Simply wrap the scarf around the hanger using a hot glue gun to keep in place

Then raid your jewellery drawer (yes I have a drawer, not just a box!)
for some sparklies or broken bits and bobs
and some buttons


and start attaching them randomly on the wreath like so




Use a piece of matching wool to create a loop at the top to hang the wreath.

That's it!

10 minutes tops and only 2 euro

F A B U L O U S

(if I say so myself)



What have you been making for Christmas??

11 comments:

  1. i love it.. its so pretty.. im now thinking what scarves i dont wear that i can use to make one!
    you could have this up all year aswell especially if you use different colours!!!
    thanks for the tip!
    charl
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is really fabulous Michelle - looks so lovely! angela - signutopia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its beautiful and something really different - I would like to make a slightly wilder looking one with sheeps wool - if only I could find a barbed wire fence with wool caught up on it! I am making decorative food for the birds - will do a post later today. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is soooooo beautiful x you are very clever!! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wreath Michelle and such good value. My sister in law makes some similar to yours maybe you saw hers in Paris (she is Belgian). Leiny and I have were crafting yesterday(you can check us out at Margie's Crafts The Vintage Store blog) but we did not get to craft today as we did the Meals On Wheel in the Landys. Hugs, Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is clever. Looks really good. I made the feather boa wreathes last year, love this idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning! I've seen lots of lovely hand-made ones but this is the most original. I am so behind for Christmas but look forward to some baking. Gingerbread - yum! Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely brilliant Michelle. Love it...almost worth going out and getting some wool like that to knit a scarf just to make the wreath
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wreath is very beautiful!
    Great idea...thank you for sharing!
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so nice, I would never have guessed it had once been a scarf! I'm going to start looking at things like scarves in a new light to see what I can do with them.
    You mentioned you were looking for teacups for candles? If you mean teacup candles, to fill the cups with wax, then I had a go at this recently and found the best place to find teacups was carboot sales. I found one teacup and saucer for 20p!!! Charity shops near me had teacups but their prices started from £1 upwards. You never know what you might find at a carboot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and very interesting blog, I lake it!!!
    Nice work!
    Kisses and regards, Zondra Art

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin