11 October 2010

Clean & Green



Unless you were out of the country you should know that I made a second appearance on Four Live last Thursday.



If you missed it you can catch up here (available until 28th October).  Unfortunately it is unavailable outside of Ireland.  Sorry !!

However you can get all the tips I referred to on their site here.

Here are the main recipes I referred to:


All purpose cleaner

1 ¼ cups white vinegar
1 ¼ cups water
spray bottle or jar

Pour vinegar and water into the spray bottle.
Shake gently to combine.
To use, spray on and wipe off.



Furniture polish

1 cup vegetable oil
½ cup lemon juice
Spray bottle of jar

Pour oil and lemon juice into a bottle or jar. Stir to combine.
To use, just dip a cloth or rag into the bottle and blot onto furniture.
Use a dry cloth to give it a shine


Shoe polish

Mix a small amount of olive oil and lemon juice in an egg cup.
Use a soft cloth (old t-shirt cut up) to apply.
Rub into the leather and then use a clean cloth to buff it up.


I also talked about using tomato sauce to shine your brass and using baking soda and water mixed to a paste for cleaning tea stained cups.

Catherine Fulvio was on the show too.  I can honestly say she is as lovely off screen as she appears on.  She has a great cookery show on Fridays, Catherine's Roman Holiday, and she also runs this cookery school.  

I got a pic back stage with her and Maura (the presenter) after the show.




Fingers crossed I get asked back as I have a gazillion ideas for the show.  Watch this space.  Thank you so much for all the emails and messages both  before and after, they really meant a lot!  M x

5 comments:

  1. wow well done you.. you could end up having a regular spot each week .. you could end up getting your own show!!!..

    im such a geek if i ever meet anyone remotely famous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Not one but two!! Fantastic Michelle, I'm pleased for you. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's brill! I hope you get to go back again. I can't view your clip, which is a such shame...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done , you sound like you are doing great and are having a fab time. I will bookmark those recipes for green cleaners as I am aiming to go chemical free here. Already use some of them but the furniture polish sounds fab and is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched that too! You are so natural! I will try some of Your shoe polish soon, my winter boots need it;DDD

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin