18 March 2010

Not enough hours

It's all go this week. I spent my entire St Patrick's Day working on project books for college.  I can't complain though as it was fun ... well the first few hours, the last few with backache, headache and toothache not so much.  It will all be worth it though, won't it?  Please say it will !!!

Here's a few things I've been working on at college.

My first attempt at a coil pot ... hmm not so great is it?  
The heart shaped tiles are to test out glazes, that's why they're numbered. 


My second attempt at coil building, getting a little better, a little.


This is my first (of many!!!) sketch/idea for wood block printing.  I love my crayola twistables ... no wonder everyone at college thinks I'm childish - I'm always drawing hearts and chickens with crayons!


Here's the first colour being printed ...


I know, it looks 'wrong' but trust me, 
it's supposed to look like this (she says totally unconvinced herself)  



There's a few more layers to be printed on top.  Fingers crossed it will all work out.  God it's such a long process though.  Now I totally understand why some wallpapers are so expensive!!

Right - gotta go!  
A Make Do & Mend class to teach shortly 
then a meeting to get to and college tomorrow. 

6 comments:

  1. Oohh i love those chickens and hearts and the crayons, does that make me childish too ? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the little pot you've made.. its so sweet..infact i was lookign at a yankee candle thing yesterday that was very similar but for quite a lot of money.. you should sell em!!
    the wood block will be great.. i love hearts and chickens aswell.. must be my inner child coming out !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much for your lovely comment about our building work. This is small scale really. We started building work nearly 2 years ago with a big extension. It went on for months. This is phase 2. It is slightly annoying as the kitchen is very much the centre of our home. It will make a massive difference when it is done so I keep holding onto that.
    We had our kitchen fitted when my first child was weaning. It was a mare. I think when you are without your sink, cooker, worktops, etc it is really hard.
    Yours is coming along a treat.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I forgot to say. I love your second finger pot.
    I have a thing for hearts.
    Have fun,
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pots are beautiful Michelle! I can't wait to see them glazed & fired! I did some basic clay stuff in college years ago and I'd love to do more, it's so tactile.
    The print is so cute, it will be worth it once you're finished! I bought some lino the other day as I LOVE lino cutting & printing but haven't done it in ages. Motivated by all your hard work, I'll have to get cracking now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i'd luv to be doing your course, in fact getting bad thoughts of giving up work & going back to college to do something arty!! emmm (if only i won the lotto!!)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin