16 February 2010

I've fallen in love


Well not really fallen ... 

I  had always been in love,

it's just that, up until now I had never found the right one

I had seen so many but there was always something just not quite right, wrong height, wrong colour, wrong time ...

This time however, it was love at first sight

The fact that it happened over Valentines weekend was even better.

The minute I saw you I knew you were the one, the right shape, the right colour, the right size, a bit rough and rugged around the edges, strong and reliable. 
I had been let down before so I didn't jump in straight away.  I walked away from you and decided to sleep on it and not rush into things but I could think of nothing else all night.  So, the following day I returned thinking that if you were still there you were meant to be. 

You were still there and I made my move ...

Ok ok ok I'm really milking it now.  

Part of me wishes I was talking about some gorgeous guy that I had fallen for over valentines but alas not.  It's my dream kitchen ...
 

 

 

I'd love to stay and chat but I seriously need to do some sorting out and re-organising now as the plumber is coming tonight to disconnect the existing sink unit and washing machine as my new kitchen arrives ........... tomorrow !!!

I'm sooooooooooooooo excited!  Just as well I'm on mid term break at the mo. 

By the way, the heart wreath above and below was made up for valentines.  All it is is a wire hanger and two stems of fake flowers.  I think I'm going to leave it up as it looks pretty on my door ... even if that door is ugly.  That's my next big purchase - a new front door. I want one of those stable doors which is far more suitable for a cottage.  Only prob is that this one does let in a lot of light which is much needed.  Hmmmm no time to be thinking of that as I have a kitchen to dismantle !!!


 Happy Tuesday everyone xx




6 comments:

  1. Oh dear jelousy is such a bad thing!!
    That is such a fantastic find know wonder you are so in love, can I have an affair with it and steal it off you? he he..Lucky you!! Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting. A new kitchen. It is just the best thing. We had a kitchen fitted not long after we moved in but really we rushed into it and I would really like a new one. Well I think I will have to be waiting for that one;)
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. Life with kids is certainly full on but you do adjust and just seem to fit things in (kind of)
    Hope the kitchen goes in smoothly. Looking forward to some final piccies.
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the kitchen fitting goes well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I would be so in love with this too. Please post when it is all complete. I am redoing my kitchen and this is the look I have been dreaming of but could not get my idea across to the kitchen designer. If you were my neighbor I would be hanging out in your kitchen all day long. Lucky you.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. the kitchen is so cute, read your blog all the time but sometimes won't let me comment :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. what period is your house? what about one of those victorian doors with the windows either side?

    http://www.salvo.co.uk/images/userimgs/36819/Front-Door_46075_1.jpg

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin