1 February 2010

Charity Shop finds

One of the things I miss about London is the amount of charity/junk shops and boot sales you could go to.  I have furnished most of my cottage on items bought at them much to everyone's amazement and long before it was fashionable to do so. 

Alas, there are only a handful of charity shops near where I live and the stock doesn't seem to change very regularly.  However, I haven't paid them a visit since before Christmas so I was more than happy with my purchases this weekend.  Best of all they only came to 7 euro! 






The teddy & bunny will be used for display.  They are great for 'modelling' my hair bands at craft fairs.   I can't believe the bunny was only 2 euro !!  Imagine how much it cost originally. 

If any of you are from Ireland I'd love to hear about junk shops, charity shops in your area as they are hard to find. 

5 comments:

  1. You did well! When I moved to France I was certain that Charity Shops didn't exist - there were none on the high streets, and where else do you look? It was a while before a friend took me to a big warehouse charity shop next to a supermarket, and I realised that there is just a very different way of doing thrift shopping. Now I have discovered the charity warehouses, the troc shops (kind of junk or second hand stores) and the Vide Greniers (like car boot sales). I hope you will get some answers from Irish readers which point you in the direction of hidden treasures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are short on charity/junk shops where I live too. The town I work in has two big antique markets which I like to look around in my lunch hour but bargains are hard to come by. Good luck with your hunting. I hope you get a few ideas from other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the handbag, hope you find some local places to source some more great finds soon. Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your charity shop finds :) hope you are enjoying your printmaking and ceramics at college...i really miss working with clay. Have a lovely week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't help with shops in Ireland but I am a big fan of charity shops and visit the ones in town 2 or 3 times a week.

    Some days you get lucky like you did and other times theres nothing there at all.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin