9 January 2010

Brown paper packages tied up with string

Brown paper packages tied up with string ...
(Ok it didn't have any string but it was in a brown package)
... these are a few of my favourite things

I ordered this book the other day from BookDepository (cheaper than amazon and free shipping !!) and it's already arrived!




If you haven't got it you really have to, it's fabulous!  The recipes are divine (although they do use alarmingly large amounts of sugar!!) and the pictures are equally as fabulous.   If you do buy it, or have it and haven't made anything out of it yet, I suggest you check out this link, especially if you're making muffins. 

I made the blueberry muffins which are just deeeeeelicious!!  If you're making them make sure you use large muffin cases.  I used normal ones and ended up with 26 muffins as opposed to the 12 it's supposed to make.  I'm not complaining though :o)



Meanwhile the snow is still falling and it's bitterly cold so I'm heading back to the fire to my knitting.

7 comments:

  1. I can recommend the oat and raisin cookies from this book. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!

    Thanks for fowllowing me on my blog. Its great because now I have come across yours. What a pretty blog.

    I have seen lots of recommendations for that bakery book. Have to say the cakes do look rather yummy.

    I will pop in again and say hi.



    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book and i'm determined to work my way through it this year.
    It's not going to help with my losing weight but never mind 'hehe'.

    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that book and as yet have not made anything from it!

    I made blueberry muffins earlier this week from another recipe book, they were lush though!

    Had a quick read through your blog, really enjoying it!

    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is my favourite baking book.
    The chocolate muffins are delish!!!
    Glad you are enjoying the book, and arn't parcels the best.
    Luv Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a fine book, and fine muffins. I'm a book depository fan too, for their great service and free delivery, but i notice lately that Amazon have started doing free shipping to Ireland if you spend more than 25 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Many thanks for the link to the book depository...what a great find! I always enjoy a visit to your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin