1 November 2009

The Knitting & Stitching Show


I had a lovely day at the Knitting & Stitching Show on Saturday.

Despite it being a very early start ...





But after a lovely cup of coffee and delicious Eggs Benedict at Browns I was ready to go :o)


Unfortunately there were a lot of stands from last year missing and I was a little disappointed. My fav stands on the day were Lola Rose, This is Knit, Rubanesque, , Sew Good Books, and M Rosenberg & Son.


Here's what I bought. I know ... I was remarkably restrained, especially compared to last year!



East of India ribbons & Tilda paper from Rubanesque.





Beautiful red italian wool & polka dot cotton lawn from M Rosenberg & Son (F9)



By the time I got home I was totally shattered.

I lit some candles



Had a long soak in the bath


and finally got to bed after 11 :o)



Note to self for next year :-

Wear even less - it was ROASTING in there
Stay over in Dublin - it was a really long day
Bring or buy a wheelie bag/case, especially if buying books
Print out plan on net beforehand, they were charging 3 euro for it
Book tickets in advance (cheaper)
Be prepared for lots of pushing and shoving!



2 comments:

  1. Hehe :-) I bought the same wrapping paper and similar ribbon from Rubenesque!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh, i love that chandelier in the bath, how romantic! ♥

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin