24 October 2009

Feeling all christmassy


I have to say I'm in the minority.
I love that all the shops have their christmassy stuff out now.

I know lots of people say it's way too early but for me (on a mega tight budget this year) it's great as you get to spread the cost and buy a few things each week. Well in theory it is.

This week's purchase was a really cute Santa. A steal at only 4 euro in Penneys (aka Primark). It would probably cost that much for the buttons alone if I were to make him.

The only problem with spreading the cost is that it's great in theory but in reality it doesn't quite work. There is so much christmassy stuff around and I just can't help myself.
I popped into Tescos on Monday and bought this ...



Then into Easons on Wednesday and bought this ....



and this ....



and then into Dunnes on Thursday and got this ...



Just as well I'm on mid term break ... it's going to take me a week to get through all of these.
Even better, at this moment in time the rain is pelting against my kitchen window and the fire has been lit since 7am so it's all cosy and toasty in the sitting room.
I think I'll be having a sofa day like here.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle,

    I'm in the minority with you. I LOVE that the christmas stuff is in the shops and I've loads of my presents bought already. My POA is to get all the presents out of the way early and then all I'll be left with in the last few weeks is my favourite bits.....wrapping and card writing:-)

    PS we're getting a real tree this year for the first time and I am rediculously excited by this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are on a break as it would be really hard to put all these down to get back to your studies. Love the looks of the last book... Let us have a peek inside,please.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin