24 June 2009

The good life

Do you remember that programme The Good Life? I used to think it was so naff when I was younger. Little did I know that I would end up living such a life, well not entirely. I draw the line with coffee ... one must have good coffee :o)

Today the 'good life' wasn't so good. It started with me getting rid of some unwanted guests in amongst my lovingly grown basil.



The only good thing I can say about these brats is they have great taste.



Then I went to get some eggs and the usual four have been replaced with just two ... one rather little and one quite large. I think the girls are protesting about being moved.



With my lovely fresh eggs I decided to bake a nice sponge cake however it didn't rise so I improvised and cut out flower shapes and added icing and sugar strands. Perfect!



It's not all bad though, I still managed to put together a basket of home grown lettuce, scallions (spring onions) and fresh eggs for my mum this evening.



Ahhhh the good life, you can't beat it.

3 comments:

  1. me too! Especially the ones that eat all my lovely basil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I decided to check yours out and have now spent a ridiculous amount of time looking through your lovely posts! Lots of pretty things! I love the home grown basket present here though, sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin