17 May 2009

My girls




The girls have been the focus of my attention this week. Possibly too much so as the morning after they arrived Randy disappeared.

I think it was a little of the green eyed monster.

He didn't last long though and was on the doorstep waiting for me when I got up yesterday. Once fed and watered he took up his usual position in the kitchen ...



The girls are settling in and have stopped running into the coop every time I appear ... like they did when I too this pic.



They seem to love the coop, which is great. I quite literally have to coax them out of it in the morning. However we have been having a lot of rain and apparently they don't like that much ... who does?




I can't wait for them to start laying eggs. I've been told it could be 3-4 weeks before I get any and then I'll possibly get 1 egg per chicken per day. That's 28 eggs a week! I hope I have lots of egg eating neighbours.

Not to worry I have my fabulous frittata to fall back on in case. I made two the other night when the girls came round. That's my friends as opposed to the chickens. I know I'm a bit kooky but that's a bit much :o)



So if you like the look of the frittata and fancy making your own, here goes:



You will need:

6 eggs
1/4 pint milk
1/2 block of cheddar cheese grated
1 bag of spinach, steamed first
6 boiled baby potatoes, sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 small chopped red onion

How to make:

  1. Preheat oven to 200C/gas 6
  2. Whisk the eggs and milk together.
  3. Add the grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
  4. Start to layer the remaining ingredients in a greased oven proof dish or small ones (like I did in the pic)
  5. Pour the egg mixture the ingredients
  6. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top
  7. Bake for 10-15 mins until light brown and well-risen.

This is delicious served hot or cold. I had leftovers for breakfast :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin