14 March 2009

China cups and afternoon teas - roll on the summer!


Sarah spotted this gorgeous tea set last week and I just had to have it, I think it's soooo gorgeous, how could someone possibly give it to the charity shop??

Before I took my money from my purse I had already pictured the afternoon tea I would make for my friends this summer (if we ever get one) and the table all laid out with other odd bits of china I've collected over the years, all of which have a story to tell. Home made scones, and maybe some home made jam if my blackberry bushes produce enough fruit!















Yes - I really did think of all of this during the seconds it took me to get the money from my purse!

I think I have my lovely aunty Pauline to blame for starting me on this collection as she too loves china cups :o) We would spend hours rummaging in the boot fairs on Sunday mornings when I lived in London - I do miss those Sundays we had such a great time. x


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I LOVE cups and saucers - I got a teeny tiny little pink set off Ebay recently - those yellow ones are gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin