5 February 2009

Something old, something new

No I'm not getting married!

This cute little dress caught my eye in the charity shop yesterday.



I just love the print, it's so bright and makes you smile. The fact that it only cost 50c was a bonus!

I stitched up the bottom, and changed the straps to handles and added a couple of buttons (don't do what I did and try to add a daisy to a pre-covered button - I have several pricks in my finger from the needle!).



I then made a little bag charm made out of a red foam flower I had. I punched a hole in one of the petals and threaded through a red crocheted chain and sewed a button and one of my knitted flowers to the centre.





It's a little bright for now but I can see it being used a lot during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin